Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wednesday Whereabouts- Valentines Party!

This weekend I (well, my mother) hosted a Valentines party. It was supposed to be before Valentines day, but Nemo changed those plans. It was so nice to get away from campus and escape all the craziness of school to enjoy some fun, no hassle, time with friends. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast- waffles, heart-shaped bacon, chocolate covered strawberries, fruit, and hot cocoa. Kudos to my mom who whipped it all together and made it look effortless!

We then proceeded to decorate all sorts of Valentines cookies--each putting out own flare to our cookies. 


All the ladies working hard!

The cookies are an awesome recipe... easy to make (no mess), and bake (so yummy)!

The frosting is my mom's specialty. Pink and white were the perfect combo!

Note: We are decked out in Valentines aprons... no shame.


mastering the art of the frosting bag is much more difficult than one would think!


Holding up our prized pieces. I was pretty impressed with my writing so I chose this one!


Maggie holding up her wonderful heart!
Emma's motto for the day was quality over quantity... thus, she ended up with about six cookies total.

Sarah (the roommate)!


My mom made some delicious drink that will be posted soon. It was such a hit! So light and fresh and perfect because it was pink! Note all the different cookies.. they all came out great!

Holding our goodie bags! Nail files, themed socks, hand sanitizers, pens, and chocolate&decorated marshmallows. Not to mention a full bag of Cupids Crunch (aka, reindeer food, white trash--whatever you call it in your house... the mix is so delicious!).


The loot in the back of the car. All the cookies, boxes, and bags. It was so fun and lighthearted to be with friends enjoying time in my home. Thanks so much mom for preparing everything and being such a wonderful hostess... oh and for doing my laundry(#collegeproblems). I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages