Thursday, February 21, 2013

Some exciting news.


So two days ago I found out I was accepted to the study abroad program which means I will be spending my entire junior year abroad(yup-you read that right). Most people say spending a year is too long and crazy, but second semester is significantly shorter than the first and it is set up so travel is super easy during the weeks of April and May. Everyone I talk to says that they wish they had spent a year. To say I have lived a year in Europe will undeniably be the coolest thing ever! I have many fears. For one, I am a homebody and have always attended school near my parents, but I have no doubt that I will enjoy every minute of this new experience. It is enthralling, exciting, new, and filled with opportunities like : seeing every country in Europe(something I plan to do), meeting tons of new people (other abroad students and locals), taking classes from a European perspective, having tons of photos that make me look worldly and experienced, and finally, all the cool souvenirs I will venture home with. In essence, when will I ever get the opportunity to travel like this again and with everything laid out and planned by someone else. The potential benefits far outweigh the risks... so why not!

Now of course many of you are chomping at the bit to see where I will be studying next year.... drum roll please.....I will be spending the year in Galway Ireland.

Galway is right on the water so breathtaking views are in store for anyone who visits!

literally.. everything boarders the ocean.

It is a city known for its quaint atmosphere, friendly people, and smaller size. Although small, students there now assure me there is always plenty to do and explore. Never a dull moment.
nighttime is breathtaking, as seen here.
The country side is filled with open green and beautiful cottages.


Lots of Irish castles are scattered and will surely be visited for many tours and photos (perhaps a love story with a prince... a girl can dream).

Lastly, my college campus will look like this- not too shabby huh? Rich with history, buzzing with youth, and access to travel makes this destination just perfect for a year abroad. Now what are you waiting for... go book your flight for a visit!!

xoxo
Galway Girl

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting news. I'm sure I will be visiting more than once. Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pictures of Galway are beautiful. I hope to get to see you there!!

    ReplyDelete

Pages