Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Praying for Boston.

Just days ago I was trouncing about Boston celebrating 20 years of life and days later those same spots are stained with blood and will never be the same. It feels slightly odd to have your "home" attacked. Its a violation. I have never been more thankful to see the name of by brother and best friend danielle flash on my phone with an incoming text message.

People know my obsession with Boston. I have, and will always, feel it is the best city in the world for so many reasons. This is the place where I grew up, where my brother lives, where we have gone countless time for random day visits, weekends, to hang out with friends, to shows. It's home of the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins, and Patriots. There are no words to describe what Boston means to true Bostonians. It is just something, that once in you, you will never be able to shake off. Its a certain type of pride-- of traditions, history, and people.

I have never been more proud than to see Bostonians--police, army, spectators, jump into action. Notice in every photo every person who was injured had at least two people attending to them. No one was left behind, no one went unnoticed. I have faith that Bostonians, though shaken up, will rise up to be bigger and greater than ever before. That fact should scare whoever did this very much.

The article worth reading: https://medium.com/who-i-am/5d7c2b964916
whenever I try to explain why Boston means so much to us all I find it hard to put in words. This author does it extremely well.


Reasons to love Americans.

more reasons.


Today I chose to focus on the good. The responders and runners who after 26 miles kept running to give blood. The people who ran towards the smoke to help those involved. The Bostonians--simply because we love that dirty water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages